Thom Brennaman will not be calling NFL games on Fox after using an anti-gay slur on air during a Cincinnati Reds telecast.
Fox Sports issued a statement Thursday that said “we are moving forward with our NFL schedule which will not include him.” Fox also said Brennaman’s remarks were “abhorrent, unacceptable, and not representative of the values of Fox Sports.”
Brennaman had been a part of Fox’s NFL announcer lineup since it started televising the league in 1994.
The Reds suspended Brennaman after he opened the fifth inning of the second game with an apology spoken directly to the camera. He noted the trouble he was in by saying, “I don’t know if I’m going to be putting on this headset again” while apologizing.
Washington coach Rivera has cancer
Washington Football head coach Ron Rivera has been diagnosed with a form of skin cancer, squamous cell carcinoma.
The former Cal linebacker is expected to continue coaching while undergoing treatment.
Golf: Harris English, Kevin Streelman, Cameron Davis and Russell Henley, who finished with a tap-in eagle, were co-leaders at 7-under-par 164 to start the first event of the FedEx Cup playoffs at TPC Boston.
Tiger Woods opened with a 68 with five birdies over his last 10 holes.
• American Amy Olson was the only player to shoot below 70 in what some said was a four-club wind on the famous links at Royal Troon in eastern Scotland, her 4-under 67 earning her a three-stroke lead.
• Shane Bertsch shot his second straight 7-under 64 to take a four-stroke lead into the final round of the PGA Tour Champions’ Charles Schwab Series at Ridgedale, Mo.
Soccer: The LA Galaxy signed ex-Cal goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann, the son of former U.S. men’s national-team head coach and German soccer standout Jurgen Klinsmann.
• In MLS play, Darlington Nagbe and Gyasi Zardes scored seven minutes apart in the second half and the host Columbus Crew beat the Chicago Fire 3-0. ... Kyle Duncan scored in the 59th minute to give the host New York Red Bulls a 1-0 victory over NYCFC in the Hudson River Derby. ... Matt Turner made five saves for host New England in the Revolution’s scoreless draw with the Philadelphia Union.
WNBA: At Bradenton, Fla., Kennedy Burke scored a career-high 23 points and the Indiana Fever snapped the Seattle Storm’s nine-game winning streak with a 90-84 victory. ... Kayla McBride scored 25 points and the Las Vegas Aces beat the Connecticut Sun 99-78. ... Azura Stevens scored a season-high 25 points and the Chicago Sky beat the New York Liberty 101-85. ......
- بیت المقدس مسجد الاقصی بازگشایی پس از بیش از دو ماه
- حقایق کثیف درباره مواد شیمیایی فاش شد
- Power from an artificial sun: Fusion reactor project aims to provide clean energy
- ازدحام در یک خط نقره ای, اتوبوس, نه آنچه شما می خواهید برای دیدن در یک بیماری همه گیر
- خواستار عدالت در جورج فلوید مراسم تشییع جنازه در هوستون
- فروش کربن فعال ذخیره سازی هیدروژن
- 'بیشتر صمیمی تجربه': موزه لوور بازگشایی پس از 16 هفته shutdown
- جایزه پولیتزر برنده جریکو قهوه ای: من شعر "ویروس" بود نبوت'
- کسب و کارهای کوچک سعی کنید انتخاب کنید تا قطعات پس از تخریب توسط rampagers; یکی از قربانی های کوچک سیاه و سفید متعلق به کسب و کار است که تا به حال نگه داشته و کارکنان در طول همه گیر
- EU ministers agree to new round of sanctions on Belarus as protests escalate