Issued on: Modified:
Mali's new military rulers said that former president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, who had been detained since the country's coup on August 18, had been freed.
The junta, which calls itself the National Committee for the Salvation of the People (CNSP), said on Facebook it was "informing public and international opinion that former president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has been released and is currently in his residence".
Keita's release had been a key demand of Mali's neighbours and international organisations, including the African Union and European Union.
"President IBK is free in his movements, he's at home," a spokesman for the junta, Djibrila Maiga, told AFP, referring to Keita by his initials, as many Malians do.
>> Mali's coup leaders promise elections after detaining president and prime minister
A Keita relative, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the 75-year-old former leader had returned overnight to his house in the Sebenikoro district of the capital Bamako.
Keita, prime minister Boubou Cisse and other senior officials were seized by rebel troops led by young officers who staged a mutiny at a base near Bamako.
In the early hours of August 19, Keita appeared on national TV to announce his resignation, saying he had had no other choice, and wanted to avoid "bloodshed".
The release of Keita and other leaders has been demanded by Mali's neighbours and allies and international organisations.
Former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan, heading a team from the regional bloc ECOWAS, was given access to Keita last Saturday, and said he seemed "very fine."
- چه چیزی در مورد مواد شیمیایی بسیار جذاب است؟
- بیس بال است که در صاحبان دادگاه تا آنجا که چقدر طول فصل خواهد بود
- پاریس-منطقه شهرداران تماس در پاکسازی به تاخیر بازگشایی مدارس فراتر از مارس 11
- انگلستان تاجر برده مجسمه در بریستول جایگزین مجسمه های سیاه و سفید از معترضان
- از کوه سنجار عراق به فرانسه: قیمت تبعید برای وضعیت زنان
- Netflix سری به نمایش بگذارد khezri مسیر به فعالیت
- افغانستان گزارش 'مرگبارترین' هفته در آن 19 سال از جنگ
- Coronavirus مرتبط گرسنگی جان 10,000 کودکان در ماه می گوید سازمان ملل متحد
- قیمت درمارولر در آر اس - نوآوران سلامت
- 49ers اعلام 'انتظار کاهش ظرفیت" برای سال 2020 بازی در ورزشگاه لیوایز